Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ouch!

So it's Thursday, and Dave and I went to our normal Group Power class, and Daya was our sub-instructor. I miss Liz!! Big time! Not only did I push myself to get all the reps done on all the "new" tracks that Daya does, but I even bumped up my weights on the warm-up and both leg tracks. Woo hoo... I made it... until the Dips. She had to make me do the dips. Ok, so honestly, today I made it through all but 1, that's right, O-N-E of the dips. It was right in the middle, and I needed just a minute... but I made it.
As far as yesterday, yes I knew my bum would be sore from Group Ride. I knew this BEFORE I did the class, but, I was sorely unconscious as to how bad it'd hurt. I am sooooo sore! Not only that, I had some troubles with getting started in today's class.... I really needed that warm-up.
Guess what?! I'm gonna hurt tomorrow too! Oh well, I can grin and bare it. I'm just glad that Liz will be back with us on Tuesday. That's definitely something to look forward too. :)
Group Kick.... well, I haven't made it there yet. All of the available classes are during the time I'm at work. That is, unless I want to rush home from work on Tuesdays and Thursdays and go back to back Group Kick and Group Power (I don't think so!). My only other Group Kick option is to go on Saturday mornings from 10:30 to 11:30. Now, I'm all for Saturday mornings, and 10:30 is a great time.... BUT, and this is a big BUT, the Saturday instructor for Group Kick is Kelly.... Erin, you remember Kelly? The whole "air guitar" with the weight bar?! Yeah, that Kelly. I don't know if I can handle that. Good news is though, if she's busy teaching Group Kick, that means she can't be teaching the 9-10am Group Power (the instructors rotate for saturdays). Anyway, that's the update, we'll see how it goes and how adventurous I may or may not get.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey, did you make it to Group Kick today? I have been such a slacker lately. I did make it to the gym last night, but I hadn't been since Tuesday's BodyPump. It's too hot (not much of an excuse, since they keep the gym at about 50 degrees...)! Anyway. I want to hear how Group Kick is, if it's different from BodyCombat. Good luck with it!

And I can't wait to see my new pjs! I'm mostly done with your socks, but my yarn got tangled and last time I tried to untangle it, I started crying, so I haven't worked on it. I'll try again this weekend though.

Have a great weekend!